Who is it for:
Teachers and Teaching Assistants supporting children with language delay in Reception and Key Stage 1
Key Information about Talk Boost:
- Training provided in school as 1 whole day (or 4 twilight sessions)
- Talk Boost is a structured and robustly evidenced based programme developed by
- I CAN, a national charity leading in the field of speech, language and communication.
National trials show it can boost a child’s communication skills by an average of 18 months after 10 weeks’ intervention.
Talk Boost provides classroom staff with effective strategies and practical activities that children enjoy which focus on:
- listening and attention;
- developing vocabulary;
- sentence building;
- building conversations.
- Pupil Premium – this intervention has shown to close the gap between 4-7 year olds with language delay and their peers.
We will provide:
- Accredited specialist Trainer
- Evaluation for school after training
- Ongoing coaching/mentoring role if requested
- Next steps
Tues 14 Feb 2018 at Pound Lane Learning Centre, Pound Lane, Leamington Spa, CV32 7RT
9:30 – 4:00pm – Cost – £100 per pair (Teacher & TA) – Lunch Provided
Teacher Manuals and resources need to be purchased from ICAN and brought along on the day