For computing subject leaders and teachers of KS1/2
The 3 day course will run on Monday 17th July, Tuesday 18th July and Wednesday 11th October 2017 at IBM in Warwick.
This year we are delighted to have Phil Bagge with us to get us underway on day one. Phil was actively involved in creating the Computing curriculum through his work with CAS and BCS.
He is in demand nationwide for improving standards in primary computing. His training style is engaging and practical, and combines expert knowledge with friendly, accessible interaction.
This hugely popular event is designed to equip those with responsibility for teaching or leading the computing curriculum in their primary schools with the knowledge, skills and confidence to do so successfully.
In this unique 3 day, immersive, practical event the delivery will be shared between IBM professionals, teachers, LA advisers and external experts. The course is £100 including all resources, material, and meals. The course is aimed at teachers with a responsibility for computing in school. It will be delivered by innovative people in the world of computing and IBM professionals.
The IBM Summer School will help you:
- Explore effective ways to support colleagues in teaching computing – enabling you to support your colleagues whether as a teacher, or a subject leader
- Better understand the computing programmes of study
- Develop imaginative and creative ways to embed computing into the curriculum – it is not just programming!
- Know OFSTED’s focus when inspecting the curriculum
- Developments in Online Safety – and how we can work in a proactive way with pupils to develop their awareness
- Learn about emerging computer technologies
- Get hands-on and have fun with technology and be inspired
- Access IBM ‘mentors’, should you wish, who will offer ongoing support
- A great chance to network with other teachers
- The programme will explore the principles of computational thinking, digital literacy, online safety and information systems within real world contexts, including IBM’s commercial and social programmes.
All those taking part in the summer school will be offered an IBM mentor to provide ongoing support.
Join us – it is going to be great!
To book your place please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone ICT Development Service Desk on 01926 414100