Driving Ambitions – The Journey
Warwickshire County Council’s Road Safety team are re-launching their award winning programme of road safety initiative for secondary schools – Driving Ambitions – The Journey.
This exciting programme offers secondary schools in Warwickshire a series of high quality, targeted resources to promote a range of potentially life saving road safety messages to each year group using a team of professional road safety mentors, powerful theatre in education and effective on-line materials.
Subject areas include:
- Year 7 – Walking, cycling and new journeys
- Year 8 & 9 – Virtual Learning using on-line activities
- Year 10 – Seatbelts, distractions and influencing behaviour
- Year 11 – Young drivers and their passengers
- Year 12 – The Fatal Four drink/drugs, seatbelts, speed and distractions
This new approach also realises the importance of involving the whole school community in tackling issues around road safety and involves:
- teaching assistants, and
- the wider school community
Staff development sessions with road safety guidance from our mentors ensure that everyone receives all the information they need to support the programme throughout the school year. Mentors build a relationship with both pupils and the school and are the main point of contact for teachers, support officers and students.
If you would like to find out more about Driving Ambitions – The Journey, or sign up to this vital programme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01926 418062.